Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Disruption of Star lrt service

This morning, I woke up around 7.30am as usual. Everyday I will take Star LRT to work from my place (Salak Selatan station) to Sultan Ismail station, which will take around 15 minutes.

I was shocked today when I reached the lrt station. It was normal to have a lot of people waiting for the lrt. I met my ex-colleague and told me that there was some disruption at Sultan Ismail lrt and the train would only stop at Bandaraya station, one station before Sultan Ismail lrt. It is walkting distance within both station. After a while, the officer announced that "Kod 7" was activated and all stations would be closed. Then, we were being ushered out of the lrt station and we needed to find alternative public transport to office.

Luckily, I met my other BDO Malay colleagues and we planned to take taxi. However, we waited for a while and no taxi at all. One of my colleagues have car at her house and she proposed to drive us to office. Finally, we reached office around 10am. Really too bad.

I hope that the lrt service would improve. I am really disappointed with the current public transport in Malaysia. Thousands of people are relying on public transport to and back office everyday. Without better and further improvement, Malaysia would not be able to reach the Vision 2020 to a developed nation. It is one of the important criteria also.

No comments: