Thursday, January 31, 2008

Blood Donation

I just donated my blood at Ripas Hotel in Brunei. This is my eighht time donating blood and first time in Brunei. I donated my blood in UTAR in Selangor for the previous seven time.

'Donate blood, Save a Life'. This is the slogan used during the Blood Donation Campaign organized by First Aid Society in UTAR. Yes, this is true. There is no guarantee that our blood donated will and can be used to help others who need it. Examination of the blood needs to be carried out and our blood can only be kept for around 2 weeks if I am not mistaken. However, the action of a person to donate blood is important. When more people are donating blood, there are higher chances that there will be enough bloods to help the patients who really need the blood urgently.

Hence, for those who can and able to donate blood, please do so. It wont be painful and the process of donating the blood also wont take you long time. There are patients in the hospital who really require your blood to stay alive.

No comments: