Wednesday, January 30, 2008

CNY is coming soon

Chinese New Year will be coming very soon. It is just around one more week to go for this festive season to come. I am now helping my mother to clean the house and I have also started to decorate the house. We have not buy the new year snacks, soft drinks and so on yet. I also not yet bought my new sport shoe. I hope to buy and ready all the things by this week.

We will go Kuching to celebrate CNY this time. It has been around 10 years (I also forget the last time we went back) that we did not go back Kuching to celebrate CNY. Kuching is the hometown of my parents and almost all of our cousins are living there. We will eat our tuan yuan fan (New Year Eve Dinner) in Brunei. After that, we plan to stay overnight in Miri before we depart to Kuching in the early morning of the first day of CNY. It will take approximately 12 hours drive to Kuching from Miri. Hence, it will be evening by the time we reach Kuching. We will stay there for around three to four days. We will back to Brunei on 10th or 11th February.

I really hope that our family trip will be enjoyable this time. To all my friends who are driving back to hometown for CNY, please do drive carefully. For those who take bus or follow friends' car, you all must also take care. Wish all of you Happy advanced CNY. Take care!!!

No comments: