Monday, February 18, 2008

Start my working life!!!

1st Day work:

This Monday was my first day working in BDO. Nothing really happened. I reached the office at 8am by Star LRT from Salak Selatan to Jalan Sultan Ismail. After waiting for an hour in a meeting room with other freshies, the hr officer finally arrived to brief us about the dress code, the employee handbook and the forms that we require to fill in. This was followed by a touring around of the office, shaking hand with the partners, managers, seniors and other colleagues.

After this, audit associates like me are briefed by the manager of the audit operation about our job scope and so on. Our simple orientation just ended like this. Training will be done in the future. At that time, I was not assigned a job yet. So, I just went to the resource centre with few other new colleagues to fill in the forms as well as chit chatting. After lunch, I went with my colleague to open a public bank account for the purpose of crediting my salary.

Finally, I got work to do. Ken, my senior came to the resource centre to ask me to collect the files of the company. During the rest of day, I just do photocopying and filing jobs as well as reading the company's files.

2nd Day of work:
After collecting my laptop, my senior and I departed to the client office in Sungai Buloh. The company to be audited is a chemical trading company. He taught me alot of new things of how to audit and so on. He is not selfish to teach me if I dont know and understand something. Hence, I really learn alot from him.

No comments: