Tuesday, April 22, 2008

ACCA

ACCA is a the largest world recognized professional accounting body. It has been around for the past 100 years and this body is growing not only in size but also its influence across the globe. ACCA has more than 80 offices around the world while there are members and students in 170 countries including Malaysia.

I plan to take ACCA in July intake this year. Since I graduated with a UTAR's Bachelor degree in accounting, I am eligible for the maximum exemption of 9 papers. This means that I left 5 more papers in order to complete the ACCA professional course. With 3 years working experience in accounting firm, I will be able to become the Chartered Accountant as well as ACCA member. For the July intake, I want to take both P1 and P3 while P2 will be taken next year. The last two optional papers will then be attempted during July intake next year. This plan will move smoothly provided that I pass all the papers in one sitting.

It will need a lot of hard works in order to succeed in their examination. In addition, part time study is not going to be easy since you need to work for long hours while you still need to concentrate in our study. However, I will determine to try my best to complete all the 5 ACCA papers left in one and a half year time.

After working in audit firm for 3 to 4 years, I wish that I will be able to go oversea to work and stay there for few years. I want to experience different culture and working condition as well as the environment to improve myself. But, I will surely come back to Malaysia to contribute back to the society and country where I born. Forget about those political issues and stuff, I love my country very much.

Good luck to myself and also all the best to all my friends who are taking ACCA exam this coming May. Believe in yourself that you guys can do it. Cheers...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

good to hear that you planned to go oversea.which country you are intrested in? share some countries or the places or the culture you wish to experience.

Peter Tan

nicholascsc said...

hi peter...

mayb will go countries like uk and other european countries...

china is also another country i wish to go...

Anonymous said...

Hello. Is UTAR's accounting and ACCA good? I heard that TARC won the Platinum Status.

Ch'ng

nicholascsc said...

Hihi.

UTAR dees not offer ACCA course but after the degree, maximum exemption of ACCA can be obtained. This means that only 5 papers need to be attempted after you graduate.

ACCA can be taken in KTAR and you are right, KTAR just obtained platinum status for ACCA. You will take ACCA after completing the advance diploma course in KTAR

Unknown said...

Hi.. If I study at UTAR n get credit transfer so if I wish to take Acca is tht I wil gt exempted bcoz some say x if v do credit transfer then v x get exemption..so hv to take f6 to f9 for diploma student who make credit transfer..is tht correct??

nicholascsc said...

Hi Samala,

If you obtained UTAR degree in accounting, maximum exemption should be obtained and hence only need to take the remaining 5 papers.

I am not so sure for diploma student in KTAR.

Hope the above help.

Unknown said...

Hi did u take the acca tuition in utar?